Monday 4 February 2013

Skills we have learnt so far

Throughout the time of preparing for our thriller, we have learnt many key skills which have increased out confidence in producing our own thriller opening.

Some of these include:

  • Editing- we have learnt how to edit clips on Final Cut Pro to make our work look more professional as oppose to something looking amateur. For example, a task I can remember is being given a series of clips to the opening of Arlington Road, which we had to put in order and then make our own by adding credits and a soundtrack, this gave me, and my group a better understanding of how we should put our film together. 

  • How to use a video camera- me and my group learnt the basics of how to use a video camera. We were able to obtain a better knowledge of how to use the camera when making our shot by shot remake of Reservoir Dogs. 

  • Music programme- me and my group learnt how to use the music programme and how to make an effective soundtrack for anything we made. More specifically, on our piece of work where we had to have a conversation between two people, we realised that we had not finished the whole clip, yet we had made the soundtrack. So we learnt how to copy the soundtrack onto the final completed clip and make it so that the clip and the soundtrack are still in time with each other

No comments:

Post a Comment