Tuesday 12 March 2013

Evaluation question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Software

For our media product we used and learnt about a variety of softwares for example:
  • Final cut pro- I used final cut pro to edit all of our shots and put in them in the order that we wanted them to be in. Throughout the process of making our thriller I learnt how to edit different shots by trimming them and adding in and out points. I also learnt how to add titles to the footage and add effects, such as fade out, to the titles and shots
  • Soundtrack pro- In order to add non-diegetic sound and change the levels of the diegetic sound I wanted to keep we had to use soundtrack pro. By using soundtrack pro I learnt how to change the volume at different times of the final edit in order to put some sounds where i wanted them to be, for example I added a non-diegetic sound of traffic to the scenes of the man in the suit walking, so in order to only have the sound of traffic in those scenes I had to fade the sound in and out. I also learnt how to add effects to some of the sounds ,such as reverb or delay, in order to make some sounds seem more distant or echoey.
  • Quark- I used quark to make a rough storyboard of the production. By using this i learnt how to make a storyboard and add writing to it.

split animated gifcreate a gif here

gif creator



Internet

I learnt a range of new features of the internet while making my media product:

  • Blogger- The main new feature of the internet that i learnt how to use while working of my product was Google Blogger. I learnt how to analyse what I did in a days work and talk about it on my blog. I also learnt how to upload pictures, videos and gifs to the blog in order to make it look nicer and involve different features of technology.
  • Gifs- Another use of the internet that i used frequently was Gifs. I used a Gifmaker called Picasion to make Gifs for my blog.
  • Vimeo- When our product was completed it was uploaded privately onto Vimeo, a video tube similar to Youtube. Therefore we learnt how to access it and watch our media product as well as other student's

Cameras

Whilst filming i learnt a variety of techniques for filming with and using cameras:

  • Video camera- The video camera we used ws a JVC pro HD GYHM100E. While filming we learnt how to operate the camera properly. This involves focusing the lens so that the footage wouldn't come out blurry. This was definitely the technological feature that took the most getting used to, for that reason we made some mistakes for example a whole mornings filming came out blurry and we had to go back the next day to film it again. However once we got the hang of it we managed to finish all of our filming before the deadline.
  • Still camera- The still camera was pretty straight forward to use as i have used cameras in the past, but we found it very useful to for our storyboard and to take pictures while we were filming. 
  • Flip camera- The flip camera was also easy to use. We found it useful to film teacher's as well as student's feedback to our product so we could improve on what they criticised.
     








No comments:

Post a Comment